geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Forrest Xia <forres...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Reenable testsuite in G 2.2 branch
Date Fri, 14 May 2010 08:14:10 GMT
On Thu, May 13, 2010 at 2:35 PM, David Jencks <david_jencks@yahoo.com>wrote:

> On May 12, 2010, at 2:51 AM, Forrest Xia wrote:
>
> > I just tried more on failsafe plugin and found its report is not very
> helpful to determine the problem. Generally it only returns a message on
> console like this:
> >
> > [INFO] [ERROR] There are test failures.
> > [INFO]
> > [INFO] Please refer to
> /home/forrestxm/src/g22branch/testsuite/console-testsuite/advanced/target/failsafe-reports
> for the individual test results.
> >
> > Then when you check failsafe-reports directory, only one file there
> "failsafe-summary.xml", and its content is very unhelpful like this:
> >
> > <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
> > <failsafe-summary result="1" />
> >
> > It totally does not make any sense!
> >
> > So failsafe plugin may not be a good choice for us. Your thoughts?
>
> Are you sure everything is configured properly and that tests are actually
> being run?
>
> I think the verify goal should be executed in the verify phase.

This is the failsafe plugin config in my working copy:
                    <plugin>
                            <artifactId>maven-failsafe-plugin</artifactId>
                            <version>2.5</version>
                            <configuration>

<redirectTestOutputToFile>true</redirectTestOutputToFile>
                                <forkMode>once</forkMode>
                                <argLine>-enableassertions</argLine>
                                <failIfNoTests>false</failIfNoTests>
                                <testFailureIgnore>true</testFailureIgnore>

<workingDirectory>${project.build.directory}</workingDirectory>
                                <includes>
                                    <include>**/Test*.java</include>
                                    <include>**/*Test.java</include>
                                </includes>
                                <suiteXmlFiles>

<suiteXmlFile>${project.build.testOutputDirectory}/testng.xml</suiteXmlFile>
                                </suiteXmlFiles>
                                <systemPropertyVariables>
                                    <property>
                                        <name>geronimoVersion</name>
                                        <value>${project.version}</value>
                                    </property>
                                </systemPropertyVariables>

<reportFormat>plain</reportFormat>
                            </configuration>
                            <executions>
                                <execution>
                                    <id>integration-test</id>
                                    <goals>
                                        <goal>integration-test</goal>
                                    </goals>
                                </execution>
                                <execution>
                                    <id>verify</id>
                                    <phase>verify</phase>
                                    <goals>
                                        <goal>verify</goal>
                                    </goals>
                                </execution>
                            </executions>
                        </plugin>

I do not see any helpful error log after execution.

For unknow reason, I can see commands testsuite cases ran with failsafe, but
for console testsuite, seems it totally does not run. No selenium process
launched. But if I switch to surefire plugin, I can see the selenium window
flash for seconds and failed most of cases. The failure is expected since
the console navigation tree is changed in 2.2 branch.

> I also wonder if the testng config file is present and listing the tests
> you want.  This file overrides the includes/excludes in the failsafe plugin
> configuration.
>
> thanks
> david jencks
>

> > Forrest
>
> To make the testsuite of 2.2 branch back to work asap, I will commit my
change to 2.2 branch(which uses maven-maven-plugin), then we can focus on
those failure cases and correct them finally.

After that, if we find a better solution for testsuite execution, I will be
happy to update 2.2 branch accordingly.

regards, Forrest