geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Adding OSGi support to Geronimo spec jars.
Date Tue, 25 May 2010 00:16:44 GMT

On May 24, 2010, at 5:06 PM, David Blevins wrote:

> On May 24, 2010, at 3:49 PM, David Jencks wrote:
>

>> On May 24, 2010, at 2:18 PM, David Blevins wrote:
>>
>>> 1. Using EJB as an example, how does one say "I am a provider".  There is no
"i am the EJB container" interface to implement so what exactly are we looking for?

>> EJB is not an example.  the provider stuff works for 2 situations:
>
> The activator and locator were added to the EJB spec jar.  Was that a mistake?
I was wrong... thinking of ejb 3.  You need a META-INF/services file for EJBContainerProvider
and the SPI-Provider header in the manifest.  EJB 3.1 is an example.

BTW the only way I've talked the maven-bundle-plugin into adding this header is to supply
a value such as <SPI-Provider>true</SPI-Provider>  Anyone know a value-free way?

thanks
david jencks