geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: jconsole instructions
Date Wed, 12 May 2010 02:55:47 GMT

On May 11, 2010, at 5:49 PM, David Jencks wrote:

> On May 11, 2010, at 2:40 PM, Kevan Miller wrote:
>

>> On May 11, 2010, at 1:48 PM, David Jencks wrote:
>>
>>> Every time I use jconsole I have to spend a long time trying to figure out how
to connect to geronimo.  Not sure if its in the wiki but maybe if its on the dev list I'll
be able to find instructions again.

>>> 1. To get the mbeans in reasonably jsr-77 compliant order start jconsole something
like this:

>>>  jconsole -J-Dcom.sun.tools.jconsole.mbeans.keyPropertyList=type,j2eeType,J2EEServer,J2EEApplication,EJBModule,ResourceAdapterModule,WebModule,name
>>
>> Thanks. I'd always run just plain 'jconsole'. Can't say that I'd suffered greatly,
but controlling the mbean tree jconsole builds is probably a good idea...

>>> This is an incomplete list.  I think its reasonable for everything except jca
stuff which have a lot of useless name components.  Probably we should fix the abstractName
to ObjectName conversion so the property names list comes out more like this, assuming it
doesn't contradict jsr77.

>>> 2. To connect on localhost use this url:
>>>
>>> service:jmx:rmi://localhost/jndi/rmi://localhost:1099/JMXConnector
>>>
>>> and log in with the same password as for deployment, by default system/manager
>>
>> Using Java 6 on Mac OS, I just choose the 'server.jar' local process. Saves me from
looking for the URL (which I used to do when running on Java 5). I haven't run jconsole on
trunk...

> That didn't appear to work for me against trunk (I might have done something wrong).
 I sort of thought that having installed a JMXConnector with security might disable this direct
connection.... but those experiments were a long time ago.

Seems to work fine. Local process is "org.apache.geronimo.cli.daemon.DaemonCLI"

--kevan