geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [RESULT] [VOTE] Release Geronimo Customized Tomcat 7.0.0.0 (Second Try)
Date Mon, 10 May 2010 15:23:02 GMT

On May 8, 2010, at 8:37 AM, Ivan wrote:

> OK, thanks for all of your support, we pass the vote for Tomcat 7.0.0.1. I will promote
it to central repository later.
> Three binding vote :
> Rick, Ivan, and Joe Bohn.

Ivan,
IMO, calling this vote was premature. No strict guidelines were broken, so the vote stands.
However, this is not how I would like to see votes run in the Geronimo community. Please don't
repeat. And I'll note that I would expect the Geronimo community do do a better job of monitoring...
Things that I'm noting:

1) A bare minimum of 3 PMC votes
2) There were several comments/questions on this release. There were answers/responses, but
no attempt to see if the questions were resolved satisfactorily.
3) You identified a functional problem with the release, waited 12 hours and called the vote.
IMO, this did not provide much time for additional review or comments. No one said "I agree".
4) The vote ran for 4 days (minimum is 3). However, given the above conditions, IMO the vote
should have run for a longer time.

--kevan