geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: empty .gitignore files in svn???
Date Tue, 18 May 2010 07:02:55 GMT

On May 17, 2010, at 9:53 PM, Shawn Jiang wrote:

> git don't pull empty directory if there's no .gitignore marker in a empty path.   no
empty directory in the two projects will result in build error  when copying resources.

> Is  the adding files causing any problems ?  If so,  I can try to figure out if git can
pull a empty directory while keeping the track in a central file.

The only problem is my confusion about why they are there.  Is it possible to put a comment
in a .gitignore file to explain the purpose?

thanks
david jencks