geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: jconsole instructions
Date Tue, 11 May 2010 21:40:51 GMT

On May 11, 2010, at 1:48 PM, David Jencks wrote:

> Every time I use jconsole I have to spend a long time trying to figure out how to connect
to geronimo.  Not sure if its in the wiki but maybe if its on the dev list I'll be able to
find instructions again.

> 1. To get the mbeans in reasonably jsr-77 compliant order start jconsole something like
this:

>  jconsole -J-Dcom.sun.tools.jconsole.mbeans.keyPropertyList=type,j2eeType,J2EEServer,J2EEApplication,EJBModule,ResourceAdapterModule,WebModule,name

Thanks. I'd always run just plain 'jconsole'. Can't say that I'd suffered greatly, but controlling
the mbean tree jconsole builds is probably a good idea...

> This is an incomplete list.  I think its reasonable for everything except jca stuff which
have a lot of useless name components.  Probably we should fix the abstractName to ObjectName
conversion so the property names list comes out more like this, assuming it doesn't contradict
jsr77.

> 2. To connect on localhost use this url:
>
> service:jmx:rmi://localhost/jndi/rmi://localhost:1099/JMXConnector
>
> and log in with the same password as for deployment, by default system/manager

Using Java 6 on Mac OS, I just choose the 'server.jar' local process. Saves me from looking
for the URL (which I used to do when running on Java 5). I haven't run jconsole on trunk...

> Hope this helps me in the future :-D

Would prolly be useful to put a script for launching jconsole in bin/

--kevan