geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject jconsole instructions
Date Tue, 11 May 2010 17:48:23 GMT
Every time I use jconsole I have to spend a long time trying to figure out how to connect to
geronimo.  Not sure if its in the wiki but maybe if its on the dev list I'll be able to find
instructions again.

1. To get the mbeans in reasonably jsr-77 compliant order start jconsole something like this:

 jconsole -J-Dcom.sun.tools.jconsole.mbeans.keyPropertyList=type,j2eeType,J2EEServer,J2EEApplication,EJBModule,ResourceAdapterModule,WebModule,name

This is an incomplete list.  I think its reasonable for everything except jca stuff which
have a lot of useless name components.  Probably we should fix the abstractName to ObjectName
conversion so the property names list comes out more like this, assuming it doesn't contradict
jsr77.

2. To connect on localhost use this url:

service:jmx:rmi://localhost/jndi/rmi://localhost:1099/JMXConnector

and log in with the same password as for deployment, by default system/manager

Hope this helps me in the future :-D

david jencks