geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Rick McGuire <rick...@gmail.com>
Subject The 3.0-M1 release notes need some attention.
Date Wed, 26 May 2010 15:32:21 GMT
I've done a quick pass through the 3.0-M1 release notes, but I need a
little help to get this updated for creating a release candidate.  This
is the first time I've done of these, so I have a few questions on how
this gets pulled together.

1)  The version in here is listed as @VERSION@.  Is that something the
release plugin updates automatically when the release is prepared or
does this require a manual search-and-replace operation?  I notice that
the 2.2 version of this still says @VERSION@.  Was that just an
oversite, or is that convention.

2)  Are there tools (or standard Jira searches) available for generating
the various lists of issues included in the release notes?

3)  What enhancements should we be listing here?  I took a quick first
pass, but please make additions/corrections to the list I've put
together.  I know there are some things missing like the Global JNDI
enhancements and the Datasource resource bindings and I suspect the
Aries feature list is incomplete.  Please help me fill this out.

4)  What should we list for supported features?  The wording currently
there is definitely wrong.  How should we phrase this?

5)  There are obviously lots of limitations here.  What should we be
listing?

Rick