geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Rick McGuire <rick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Adding OSGi support to Geronimo spec jars.
Date Tue, 25 May 2010 09:24:52 GMT
On 5/24/2010 8:16 PM, David Jencks wrote:
> On May 24, 2010, at 5:06 PM, David Blevins wrote:

no "i am the EJB container" interface to implement so what exactly are we looking for?

>>> EJB is not an example.  the provider stuff works for 2 situations:
>>>
>> The activator and locator were added to the EJB spec jar.  Was that a mistake?
>>
> I was wrong... thinking of ejb 3.  You need a META-INF/services file for EJBContainerProvider
and the SPI-Provider header in the manifest.  EJB 3.1 is an example.

> BTW the only way I've talked the maven-bundle-plugin into adding this header is to supply
a value such as<SPI-Provider>true</SPI-Provider>   Anyone know a value-free way?

I encountered the same problem and arrived at the same solution point
you did.  I never found any means of getting the header included without
a value specified.

Rick