geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Rick McGuire <rick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: bean validation
Date Sun, 09 May 2010 12:29:57 GMT
On 5/8/2010 3:15 AM, David Jencks wrote:
> I'm going to look next at a bit of bean validation support.  So far my plans are just
to have a naming builder to stuff validator/factory references into jndi and an appropriate
ref object.  It looks like there are some requirements to stuff this into various contexts
as well, hopefully that will be pretty easy...

> thanks
> david jencks

Once you have all of the appropriate jndi stuff set up to create a
factory appropriate for the given context, injecting those into the
different contexts was fairly simple.  It's been a few weeks since I
looked at this, but I think for Jira 5226, it was a matter of setting a
property with the appropriate ValidationFactory instance when creating
the persistence manager.  Using the version obtained from the jndi
context makes that a fairly simple matter.  For 5227 (JSF), this is a
simple matter of setting an additional attribute in the servlet context,
again sourced from the same location.

Note that I have a suspicion that Jira 5228 might not be needed.  The
validation spec APIs have support for creating a ValidationFactory
instance from a given validation xml descriptor.  So it would appear
there is no need for the Geronimo code to understand or process the
contents of these descriptors directly.

Rick