geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Rick McGuire <rick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Geronimo jaspi component 1.1
Date Thu, 06 May 2010 11:26:28 GMT
Source builds cleanly, rat and ianal tests pass, Geronimo builds and
works ok with this version in place.

+1

On 5/5/2010 7:31 PM, David Jencks wrote:
> Please vote for the geronimo-jaspi 1.1 component.
>
> The major changes to this release are:
> - packaged as an osgi bundle
> - fairly non-functional classloading in 1.0 replaced by Rick's ProviderLocator that actually
works in osgi.
> - dependencies upgraded to use bundleized dependencies.
>
> I spent some time trying to get the manifest entries to look reasonable to me.  Since
this is the first osgi release I put the package-version at 1.0.  The import version ranges
are
> <_versionpolicy>[$(version;==;$(@)),$(version;+;$(@)))</_versionpolicy>
> for everything except the self-imports which are [1.0,1.1).
>
> I suppose it would have been better to use this version range for the jaspic spec as
well, but I didn't.  There's always something.  Maybe next time the maven-bundle-plugin will
do this for us.