geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Bohn <joe.b...@earthlink.net>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Geronimo Customized Tomcat 7.0.0.0 (Second Try)
Date Tue, 04 May 2010 17:56:40 GMT

+1 (assuming the potential license issue mentioned below is not an issue)

I was able to build and run the new tomcat image.

The license issue pointed out last time is now resolved but there is one
other potential issue.  I noticed a number of files under jasper-el that
are generated using JJTree & JavaCC and so have the following header but
no Apache license header.  For example:

/* Generated By:JJTree&JavaCC: Do not edit this line. ELParser.java */

Some other generated files include both a generated header and which is
immediately followed by the Apache license header.  This seems a little
better to me.  However, I see that we have released these without the
Apache header in earlier versions (and Tomcat as well) - so I presume
there must be some valid justification for not including an Apache
License header in these files.  Just pointing it out now in case it
really needs some attention and has just escaped being noticed until
now.  Comments?

Here is a list of the files that were flagged:
/jasper-el/src/main/java/org/apache/el/parser/ELParser.java
/jasper-el/src/main/java/org/apache/el/parser/ELParserConstants.java
/jasper-el/src/main/java/org/apache/el/parser/ELParserTokenManager.java
/jasper-el/src/main/java/org/apache/el/parser/ELParserTreeConstants.java
/jasper-el/src/main/java/org/apache/el/parser/JJTELParserState.java
/jasper-el/src/main/java/org/apache/el/parser/ParseException.java
/jasper-el/src/main/java/org/apache/el/parser/SimpleCharStream.java
/jasper-el/src/main/java/org/apache/el/parser/Token.java
/jasper-el/src/main/java/org/apache/el/parser/TokenMgrError.java

Joe