geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Reenable testsuite in G 2.2 branch
Date Thu, 13 May 2010 06:35:54 GMT

On May 12, 2010, at 2:51 AM, Forrest Xia wrote:

> I just tried more on failsafe plugin and found its report is not very helpful to determine
the problem. Generally it only returns a message on console like this:

> [INFO] [ERROR] There are test failures.
> [INFO]
> [INFO] Please refer to /home/forrestxm/src/g22branch/testsuite/console-testsuite/advanced/target/failsafe-reports
for the individual test results.

> Then when you check failsafe-reports directory, only one file there "failsafe-summary.xml",
and its content is very unhelpful like this:

> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
> <failsafe-summary result="1" />
>
> It totally does not make any sense!
>
> So failsafe plugin may not be a good choice for us. Your thoughts?

Are you sure everything is configured properly and that tests are actually being run?

I think the verify goal should be executed in the verify phase.

I also wonder if the testng config file is present and listing the tests you want.  This file
overrides the includes/excludes in the failsafe plugin configuration.

thanks
david jencks