geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Can the ProviderLocator skip looking in classpaths in an osgi environment?
Date Sun, 16 May 2010 17:28:22 GMT
I'm running into a situation where the ProviderLocator code seems to be getting into an endless
loop inside felix somewhere when it is trying the non-osgi strategy of classloader.getResources().
 The classloader in question is a xbean-bundleutils bundle classloader.

I'm wondering why we need to search the classpath in an osgi environment.  If we just used
the registry when it is available and used classpath searching when it is not, under what
circumstances would this give incorrect results?

If there is such an environment would it make any sense to be able to turn off classpath searching
in geronimo?

thanks
david jencks