geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Geronimo Customized Tomcat 7.0.0.0 (Second Try)
Date Wed, 05 May 2010 14:15:42 GMT

On May 4, 2010, at 1:56 PM, Joe Bohn wrote:

> +1 (assuming the potential license issue mentioned below is not an issue)
>
> I was able to build and run the new tomcat image.
>
> The license issue pointed out last time is now resolved but there is one other potential
issue.  I noticed a number of files under jasper-el that are generated using JJTree &
JavaCC and so have the following header but no Apache license header.  For example:

> /* Generated By:JJTree&JavaCC: Do not edit this line. ELParser.java */
>
> Some other generated files include both a generated header and which is immediately followed
by the Apache license header.  This seems a little better to me.  However, I see that we have
released these without the Apache header in earlier versions (and Tomcat as well) - so I presume
there must be some valid justification for not including an Apache License header in these
files.  Just pointing it out now in case it really needs some attention and has just escaped
being noticed until now.  Comments?

I've certainly noticed them in the past... Machine generated files do not require license
headers. So, IMO, these files are fine.

I do have a question about the version #. IIUC, we are releasing 7.0.0 prior to the TC community.
There may be fixes applied to the Tomcat dev tree prior to their 7.0 release. So, this release
may not exactly match the functionality of the tomcat release. Is everyone evaluating that
in their decision?

--kevan