geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jarek Gawor <jga...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Yoko 1.1 with osgi
Date Tue, 27 Apr 2010 15:18:30 GMT
I don't know what happened but I see a bunch of "checksum failed"
messages from maven when downloading yoko artifacts. I also downloaded
some of these artifacts (without maven) and compared checksums and
they do NOT match.

Jarek

On Mon, Apr 26, 2010 at 6:10 PM, Kevan Miller <kevan.miller@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Apr 26, 2010, at 5:51 PM, David Jencks wrote:
>
>> Kevan,
>>
>> I've talked with Brian Fox and he says the checksums are recalculated when a staging
repo is promoted.  So, fixing them in the staging repo would have no lasting effect.

>> Based on this would you be interested in revising your -1?
>
> Heh. So there's no point in validating the checksums to begin with? :)
>
> I'm ok assuming that the checksum issue will be fixed during the release process. Given
the fact that I'm happy with the artifacts and signature -- here's my +1

> --kevan
>

>> thanks
>> david jencks
>>
>> On Apr 25, 2010, at 4:27 PM, David Jencks wrote:
>>
>>> The bad checksums seem to be because somehow maven 2.2.0 got installed on my
system.  I have no idea why, but it's known to produce bad checksums.

>>> I'll try to contact e.g. brian fox to see what we can do about them.  I think
usually what has happened in the past is to promote, then fix, but maybe they can be fixed
before promotion.

>>> thanks
>>> david jencks

do not match the corresponding checksums that I compute. For instance:

if these can be fixed in place (it doesn't look like the release artifacts need to be updated,
just the checksums).

This is not a requirement...

an ORB and HandleDelegate can be bound in jndi.  There are no non-classloading related code
changes from previous yoko releases.