geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Amit Puri <puri.a...@gmail.com>
Subject Applications are rendered unavailable when resources dependencies are redeployed
Date Tue, 13 Apr 2010 08:21:16 GMT
Hi All

In a large enterprise where App's are deployed on a number of Geronimo
servers, we are facing some issues while redeploying the dependencies. Here
is the outline of the issue being faced:

When one of its dependencies is being redeployed, a running application is
stopped. In config.xml too, load attribute is set to false. Let's take an
example, Application A is depending on dbpool B. While you redeploy B,
Geronimo will stop A and redeploy dbpool B but it will not restart A. We
have to manually start the app by using the deploy script with the start
command or set load to true in config.xml and restart the server.

As per standard design of application life-cycle in Geronimo, when we
redeploy the dependency of an application, it will unload the application
first and redeploy the dependencies, it will  keep load="false" to app
module in config.xml. But as per our requirement, we need to keep
applications loaded in an executable state even when its dependencies are
being redeployed. Is it feasible to do in Geronimo? Please comment.

Thanks
Amit