geronimo-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Guillaume Nodet <gno...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Are the specs ready to go up for a release vote?
Date Mon, 12 Apr 2010 18:46:10 GMT
Have the specs jars been tested in both a non osgi environment and an osgi
environment ?
Also, i'd like to have the scripting api and rest api osgi-fied the same
way.  We'd need them in servicemix, and given you have rewritten the specs
to support osgi, i don't see the need to maintain the servicemix ones
anymore.
Also, I think there is an unresolved JIRA issue (GERONIMO-3960) about the
imported packages (they should not import their own packages).

On Mon, Apr 12, 2010 at 19:30, Rick McGuire <rickmcg@gmail.com> wrote:

> If we wish to release a milestone soon, we need to start getting the
> different subcomponents released fairly quickly.  Here are the things I
> believe we need to have release votes on:
>
> 1)  New spec components.  These need to be done first, and should probably
> done as a single vote rather than trying to schedule a vote for each of the
> jars.
> 2)  New javamail jar (should probably done concurrently with the javamail
> spec).
> 3)  New xmlbeans schema jar releases (java ee 1.4, java ee 5, and java ee 6
> versions)
> 4)  New components jars
> 5)  New yoko jars
> 6)  New tomcat ext jars
>
> For 1), I think these are ready to go.  I believe the issue of the package
> exports has been resolved as far as it can be for the 3.1 M1 release.  The
> jpa and servlet specs will be exporting dual version levels because the need
> to line up with different implementations that are not conforming to the
> OSGi specs yet.  This seems like a workable solution, at least for the short
> term.  I believe all of our specs are currently passing the signature tests,
> so they look clean there.  If I don't hear any objections, I'll start
> staging these for release tomorrow morning.
>
> The one spec there might be a concern about is the ccpp spec jar.  This is
> used in the pluto support currently, but we don't currently have a TCK to
> validate this one.  I need some opinions on how to proceed with that jar.
>  For now, I'll not be submitting this one for a vote with the rest of the
> specs.
>
> What state are the rest of these in?  I suspect yoko is not stable enough
> currently since David Jencks is currently working on getting the Corba
> support working.  We might want to delay the tomcat external release as long
> as we can in case we require some patches.  "As long as we can" is probably
> not more than a week.  The xmlbeans schema jars are probably pretty stable
> and capable of being released now.
>
> Are the components in any shape that release votes can be started?  Here
> are the components we need to release:
>
> - geronimo-connector
> - geronmo-transaction
> - geronimo-jaspi
>
> This will need to be handled fairly soon too.
>
> Rick
>
>


-- 
Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet
------------------------
Blog: http://gnodet.blogspot.com/
------------------------
Open Source SOA
http://fusesource.com

Mime
View raw message