geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Ivan <xhh...@gmail.com>
Subject Time to consider how to deploy ear package in Geronimo 3.0
Date Mon, 12 Apr 2010 14:59:48 GMT
Hi,
   While working with the TCK work, I found that we might need to consider
how to deploy ear package in Geronimo 3.0 now. I am not sure whether anyone
has begun the related work.
   And actually, we have mentioned it in many threads in the past. I
concluded all the aspects I remember :
   a. how to mimic the classloading layer in the traidional java ee
application ?
      Possible solution : Divide the package into serveral bundles, might be
N+1 (N is the number of the modules defined in ear package)
   b. How to wire the separate bundles if we use the solution above ?
      Possible solution: Use BND or other class scan tool to generate the
import/export package list in the deployment process.
   c. How do we store the package in the repository folder ?
      Possible solution: I remember that David mentioned to use a customized
url protocol to install the package to the cache, which means that we keep
one ear package in the repository folder.
   This is just a raw draft, I am true that there would be more issues while
implementing it, so thoughts ?  If it looks fine, I might try it later.
   By the way,  not sure whether Aries have done anything about ear if
anyone knows, please help to figure out.

--
Ivan