geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jarek Gawor <jga...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: 3.0 Milestone Release?
Date Mon, 05 Apr 2010 14:46:05 GMT
A few thoughts:

1) Yes, I think it would be good to have a milestone release to show
some of the Aries + Java EE 6 stuff.

2) I am concerned about the number of snapshot dependencies and the
time would take to release them all for the milestone.  So we should
start releasing stuff now... but at the same time we should consider
what happens if we can't get everything released in time. That is,
should we consider removing certain components from the release or
releasing the milestone with some snapshot dependencies. In general, I
have no problem with either options. This is a milestone release so it
doesn't have to be perfect.

3) Things that I think we should get done before/for the milestone: a)
make sure the testsuites are running, b) figure out how to deal with
the endorsed libraries in maven.

Jarek

On Mon, Mar 29, 2010 at 3:42 PM, Kevan Miller <kevan.miller@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm curious to hear the community's thoughts about starting to pull together a 3.0 Milestone
release. I think there's been a lot of progress on trunk and that it would be valuable to
start pulling things together for a release.

> If anything, just planning for a release starts to identify hat parts are missing and
what needs to be done. Also, gives users a chance to start focusing on what features they
are going to need...