geronimo-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Ivan <xhh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Update on 3.0 M1 Release work items
Date Tue, 27 Apr 2010 00:33:14 GMT
I am just waiting for the release of Geronimo specs, and I would prepare a
vote for Tomcat today or tomorrow.
I think that I might need to run some simple cases in TCK to make sure that
it would not bring new issues ...

2010/4/27 Rick McGuire <rickmcg@gmail.com>

> Just wanted to pull the status of these items together so we know where
> things stand and what's being worked on by who.
>
> 1) Get the specs released (up for vote now) -- Vote concluded today, specs
> promoted to releases, and trunk updated to new version numbers.
> 2) Release the various Geronimo subprojects the server is dependent upon
>    - Geronimo bundles (I'm currently moving those out of the server build
> and getting the license issues sorted out)  -- Move completed and the
> bundles are currently up for a release vote.  Please look at this and vote
> as soon as possible.
>    - XBeans blueprint  -- Waiting on the pending Aries release vote
>    - yoko  -- Currently up for a release vote.
>    - The components components (transaction manager, connector, jaspi)
>  David Jencks reviewing, should be up for a vote soon.
>    - The xmlbeans schema components  -- Should be ready to release.  Need a
> volunteer to put these up for a vote.
>    - Our version of tomcat in the external release -- Ivan updating
> external to new release.  Still needs a release vote.
> 3) Sort out how to deal with our current snapshot dependencies.  This
> includes (but not limited to):
>    - openejb   David Blevins will provide with a version-pinned build as
> soon as we decide we're finished making updates.
>    - activemq -- David Jencks just started a vote for a 5.3.2 activemq
> release with some patches for Geronimo.
>    - aries (currently up for release vote)
>    - pax-logging
>    - some servicemix bundles -- Only one currently, the jdt-core bundle
>  Email sent to Guillaume Nodet requesting this version be released.  I will
> explore whether we can use the currently released version.
>    - myfaces -- Done, updated to the 2.0.0 release.
>    - felix bundlerepository   David Jencks working on switching to last
> release build
>    - felix karaf  -- Ditto
>    - juddi -- updated to release version, but server has problems starting
> when enabled.  Is this considered to be an issue?  I suspect it is not.
>    - tranql-connector -- David Jencks working on a release vote.
>    - openwebbeans (recently added to the build)
>
> Rick
>



-- 
Ivan

Mime
View raw message