geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Ashish Jain <ashja...@gmail.com>
Subject Modify the redeploy behaviour
Date Wed, 21 Apr 2010 11:59:58 GMT
Hi All,

The current behavior of redeploy is to set the state of all the childs  in
the stop state and parent in the running state on success.
One can go ahead and manually start all the childs. This may be fine if your
deployment is on one single machine. However in  a
scenario in which there are thousand of systems it may be a problem to start
all the childs manually. In my opinion this is not a
correct behavior. Instead all  the childs  along with parent should be
started on successful redeployment.

I have generated a fix for this. If we are ready to change this behavior I
will share further details on the fix.

Comments please?

Thanks
Ashish