geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Yoko 1.1 with osgi
Date Mon, 26 Apr 2010 22:10:47 GMT

On Apr 26, 2010, at 5:51 PM, David Jencks wrote:

> Kevan,
>
> I've talked with Brian Fox and he says the checksums are recalculated when a staging
repo is promoted.  So, fixing them in the staging repo would have no lasting effect.

> Based on this would you be interested in revising your -1?

Heh. So there's no point in validating the checksums to begin with? :)

I'm ok assuming that the checksum issue will be fixed during the release process. Given the
fact that I'm happy with the artifacts and signature -- here's my +1

--kevan

> thanks
> david jencks
>
> On Apr 25, 2010, at 4:27 PM, David Jencks wrote:
>
>> The bad checksums seem to be because somehow maven 2.2.0 got installed on my system.
 I have no idea why, but it's known to produce bad checksums.

>> I'll try to contact e.g. brian fox to see what we can do about them.  I think usually
what has happened in the past is to promote, then fix, but maybe they can be fixed before
promotion.

>> thanks
>> david jencks
>>
>> On Apr 25, 2010, at 12:25 PM, Kevan Miller wrote:
>>
>>> I'm seeing one blocker issue -- all of the checksums that I have downloaded do
not match the corresponding checksums that I compute. For instance:

>>> $ md5sum yoko-1.1-source-release.tar.gz ; cat yoko-1.1-source-release.tar.gz.md5

>>> md5sum yoko-1.1-source-release.tar.gz ; cat yoko-1.1-source-release.tar.gz.md5
>>> f9283f77a4dfbfa483a085fb073bc3f7  yoko-1.1-source-release.tar.gz
>>> e849d7acbeafe1726252619e651f534c
>>>
>>> Until these are fixed, I'm -1 for the release. I'm ok with the vote proceeding,
if these can be fixed in place (it doesn't look like the release artifacts need to be updated,
just the checksums).

>>> There's one minor issue in the NOTICE file. The COPYRIGHT date has not been updated:
>>>
>>> Copyright 1999-2008 The Apache Software Foundation
>>>
>>> Our convention has been to keep the last year up to date, upon the release. This
is not a requirement...

>>> --kevan

and HandleDelegate can be bound in jndi.  There are no non-classloading related code changes
from previous yoko releases.