geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Geronimo Bundles components for the Geronimo 3.0-M1 release
Date Tue, 27 Apr 2010 12:00:35 GMT

On Apr 27, 2010, at 6:27 AM, Rick McGuire wrote:

> On 4/26/2010 10:32 PM, Kevan Miller wrote:
>> Nice stuff Rick. This obviously took some time to prepare the licensing information
properly. Thanks!

>> One minor comment -- I notice that some of the new files do not have svn:eol-style=native
(i.e. LICENSE.vm). Probably because we don't define the file type in our recommended client
configuration -- https://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDEV/subversion-client-configuration.html. We
might want to consider updating...

>> A few questions:
>>
>> * jaxb-impl-2.2_1 -- is this CDDL licensed? or dual-licensed (CDDL/GPL)?
>>
> The only license I've found for this is CDDL.

This URL seems to indicate that JAXB is dual licensed -- https://jaxb.dev.java.net/2.2/

If so, we should include the full license text and make sure we indicate our license choice
(CDDL). Some versions of the dual license include instructions on how to apply to a work.
Don't see any reason not to use the same wording...

>> * jstl -- same question about dual licensing. Also, the jar contains both LICENSE
and LICENSE.txt. I assume LICENSE.txt already existed in the jar?

> Yes, the LICENSE.txt file came from the original jar.

Thanks.

--kevan