geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Yoko 1.1 with osgi
Date Tue, 27 Apr 2010 17:49:15 GMT

On Apr 27, 2010, at 8:18 AM, Jarek Gawor wrote:

> I don't know what happened but I see a bunch of "checksum failed"
> messages from maven when downloading yoko artifacts. I also downloaded
> some of these artifacts (without maven) and compared checksums and
> they do NOT match.

It looks like Brian succeeded in fixing the checksums on apache's nexus repo but they must
have escaped to maven central before he did this.  I'm trying to find out if there's anything
we can do.

thanks for the heads-up
david jencks

> Jarek
>
> On Mon, Apr 26, 2010 at 6:10 PM, Kevan Miller <kevan.miller@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> On Apr 26, 2010, at 5:51 PM, David Jencks wrote:
>>
>>> Kevan,
>>>
>>> I've talked with Brian Fox and he says the checksums are recalculated when a
staging repo is promoted.  So, fixing them in the staging repo would have no lasting effect.

>>> Based on this would you be interested in revising your -1?
>>
>> Heh. So there's no point in validating the checksums to begin with? :)
>>
>> I'm ok assuming that the checksum issue will be fixed during the release process.
Given the fact that I'm happy with the artifacts and signature -- here's my +1

>> --kevan
>>

>>> thanks
>>> david jencks

my system.  I have no idea why, but it's known to produce bad checksums.

usually what has happened in the past is to promote, then fix, but maybe they can be fixed
before promotion.

do not match the corresponding checksums that I compute. For instance:

if these can be fixed in place (it doesn't look like the release artifacts need to be updated,
just the checksums).

This is not a requirement...

so an ORB and HandleDelegate can be bound in jndi.  There are no non-classloading related
code changes from previous yoko releases.