geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: components dependencies
Date Mon, 05 Apr 2010 18:20:00 GMT

On Apr 5, 2010, at 6:06 AM, Rick McGuire wrote:

> This is sort of related to the earlier email I sent out about the snapshot dependencies.
 In looking at the dependencies of the subprojects in the geronimo components tree, I find
what appear to be a few problems we should probably correct:

> geronimo-schema-javaee_6:  This is ok as it stands, but should we move the latest verions
of the java 1.4 and java 5 schemas into the components tree rather than leaving them in the
restricted TCK tree?

> geronimo-jaspi:  This is building with the 2.1 version of the jaxb specs and the older
release of the stax api spec.  It also has dependencies on non-bundle versions of sxc-jaxb,
woodstox, and the jaxb-impl.  The jaxb-impl is also at the 2.1.7 level rather than the 2.2
level used by the server.  This is a fairly simple update, but would have dependencies on
geronimo bundles components, which really suggests those should be moved out of the server
tree as separately buildable components.  I suspect it would make the bootstrapping process
easier if they could be handled that way.  On the downside, this creates another level of
release artifacts that require voting and a release process.

>  geronimo-jaspi-openid:  Building with the older version of the jaspic spec jar and servlet
2.5 spec.  Should this be using the java ee 6 api versions?  This is also using the 1.0-SNAPSHOT
version of the geronimo-jaspic build, rather than the current 1.1-SNAPSHOT version.

I'm not sure we want to push the jaspi support into java 6 and the latest apis as it might
inhibit people using it with java 5 projects.  I don't feel too strongly about it though.

david jencks

> geronimo-connector/geronimo-transaction:  The connector 1.6 spec version is the 1.0-EA-SNAPSHOT.
 This should be updated to the latest spec snapshot.

> Thoughts on updating this?  The issue of the use of the geronimo bundles probably needs
to be resolved ASAP so we can get release votes out for those components in the very near
future.