geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Items we need to complete for the M1 release
Date Thu, 22 Apr 2010 19:09:05 GMT

On Apr 22, 2010, at 11:17 AM, Rick McGuire wrote:

> Ok, I've put together a set of items that need to be completed for the M1 release.  Here
are the items I'm aware of:

> Ok, the following things need to be done:
>
> 1) Get the specs released (up for vote now)
> 2) Release the various Geronimo subprojects the server is dependent upon
>    - Geronimo bundles (I'm currently moving those out of the server build and getting
the license issues sorted out)
>    - XBeans blueprint
>    - yoko

I'll start a vote today or tomorrow
>    - The components components (transaction manager, connector, jaspi)

I want to review these for whether package changes to be more osgi friendly would work easily.
>    - The xmlbeans schema components

AFAIK these should be ok to release anytime, Ivan might know more.
>    - Our version of tomcat in the external release
> 3) Sort out how to deal with our current snapshot dependencies.  This includes (but not
limited to):
>    - openejb
>    - activemq
>    - aries (currently up for release vote)
>    - pax-logging
>    - some servicemix bundles
>    - myfaces
They released 2.0.0 today.... maybe it will work for us.
>    - felix bundlerepository
>    - felix karaf
>    - juddi
I'll try to get our build to work with the last released version.
>    - tranql-connector
There are a couple patches here, then I'll release.
>    - openwebbeans (recently added to the build)

thanks
david jencks