geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Yoko 1.1 with osgi
Date Mon, 26 Apr 2010 21:51:10 GMT
Kevan,

I've talked with Brian Fox and he says the checksums are recalculated when a staging repo
is promoted.  So, fixing them in the staging repo would have no lasting effect.

Based on this would you be interested in revising your -1?

thanks
david jencks

On Apr 25, 2010, at 4:27 PM, David Jencks wrote:

> The bad checksums seem to be because somehow maven 2.2.0 got installed on my system.
 I have no idea why, but it's known to produce bad checksums.

> I'll try to contact e.g. brian fox to see what we can do about them.  I think usually
what has happened in the past is to promote, then fix, but maybe they can be fixed before
promotion.

> thanks
> david jencks
>
> On Apr 25, 2010, at 12:25 PM, Kevan Miller wrote:
>
>> I'm seeing one blocker issue -- all of the checksums that I have downloaded do not
match the corresponding checksums that I compute. For instance:

>> $ md5sum yoko-1.1-source-release.tar.gz ; cat yoko-1.1-source-release.tar.gz.md5

>> md5sum yoko-1.1-source-release.tar.gz ; cat yoko-1.1-source-release.tar.gz.md5
>> f9283f77a4dfbfa483a085fb073bc3f7  yoko-1.1-source-release.tar.gz
>> e849d7acbeafe1726252619e651f534c
>>
>> Until these are fixed, I'm -1 for the release. I'm ok with the vote proceeding, if
these can be fixed in place (it doesn't look like the release artifacts need to be updated,
just the checksums).

>> There's one minor issue in the NOTICE file. The COPYRIGHT date has not been updated:
>>
>> Copyright 1999-2008 The Apache Software Foundation
>>
>> Our convention has been to keep the last year up to date, upon the release. This
is not a requirement...

>> --kevan
>>

>> On Apr 22, 2010, at 10:38 PM, David Jencks wrote:
>>
>>> Please vote on yoko 1.1, yoko with osgi support.  It works enough so an ORB and
HandleDelegate can be bound in jndi.  There are no non-classloading related code changes from
previous yoko releases.