geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Yoko in osgi
Date Sat, 10 Apr 2010 19:27:04 GMT
Trying to get HandleDelegate to bind to jndi I seem to be going down the rabbit hole of making
yoko work in osgi.  Here's my current plan:

1. copy RIcks' ProviderLocator class from specs to one of the yoko jars that needs to be in
the endorsed dir.
2. Activate it from a yoko bundle

3. change all the Class.forName and classloader.loadClass() calls in yoko to try the provider
locator first
4. try to figure out what needs to be registered as services or more likely service factories
and maybe do this with blueprint.

I'm not sure if this is going to work in a non-osgi environment as well, but I guess since
Rick got the specs to work there this should too.

There aren't too many places that load classes in yoko, so this might be a finite amount of
work.

thanks
david jencks