geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Yoko ready for review or release
Date Wed, 21 Apr 2010 22:33:08 GMT
I think I've done  everything I want to for now with yoko as far as getting it running in osgi.
 It would be great if someone wanted to review it, otherwise I think its time to start trying
to release it.

BTW, we're going to have problems with osgi and milestones, since e.g. 3.0.M1 is after 3.0.
 Similarly for yoko, 1.1.M! is after 1.1.  So I think this release should be 1.1.M! and when
we get all the interop stuff to work we can release 1.2.

Basically what I did is to steal Rick's locator code from the specs, but register stuff through
blueprint rather than scanning bundles.  I also added a priority to make it easier to predict
which class you'd end up with.  I also tried to locate every place a class is loaded dynamically
in yoko and have it use the locator.

This seems to allow configuring your orb completely through these blueprint beans, rather
than supplying a properties file with the service name to class mapping.  This has been one
of my goals for yoko for a long time, although I don't know if anyone else thinks it's valuable.

thanks
david jencks