geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Donald Woods <dwo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Checklist of items that that need to be done for a Geronimo release?
Date Wed, 28 Apr 2010 16:03:30 GMT
Not sure if we need/want a branch, given using the release plugin would
update the "branch" to a new version and create a tag for M1, while also
having trunk still at 3.0-SNAPSHOT....

Here are a few things that came to mind for creating a release -
- Update license/notice files
- Remove snapshot depends as they are released
- Review and update BUILDING/README/RELEASE-NOTES (and remove any claims
of Java EE compliance)
- Cleanup assemblies (are we only building one complete assembly for
tomcat and jetty for M1?) and verify that we are not pulling in any
unwanted depends
- Optionally, create a 3.0-M1 in JIRA and reassign any items
resolved/closed in 3.0 to Fix Version 3.0-M1, which will help in
generating the list of JIRAs for the release notes along with clearly
showing what has been included
- Notify dev@ of the pending release, so trunk doesn't become unstable
- Run a couple release:prepare dry runs
- Publish latest 3.0-SNAPSHOT artifacts before running a real
release:prepare
- Cut a release candidate

-Donald