geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Bohn <joe.b...@earthlink.net>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release OpenJPA-2.0.0 Plugins for Geronimo 2.1.3-2.1.5 servers
Date Wed, 28 Apr 2010 13:28:10 GMT
I see a lot of SNAPSHOT references in the poms.   Many of these are for
artifact-alias entries which shouldn't be a problem (but I wonder if
they are really necessary ... such as reference for openjpa
2.0.0-SNAPSHOT).

Also, is it really essential to have SNAPSHOT versions of Geronimo
artifacts in the plugin artifact-alias entries?  I thought we could
accomplish the same thing in server artifact-alias entries so that
plugin could be "clean".  For example, can't we include artifact-alias
entries in Geronimo 2.1.6-SNAPSHOT to map references for 2.1.5 artifacts
to the 2.1.6-SNAPSHOT equivalent such that when we release Geronimo
2.1.6 the SNAPSHOT entries would be removed?  I know it's not a big deal
for artifact-alias entries but I always get a little nervous when I see
SNAPSHOT references in release in any form.

However, there is a bigger concern I think - a 2.1.3-SNAPSHOT version
for jpa-tests and references to that from jpa-ear, jpa-ejb, and jpa-war.

Joe