geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Rick McGuire <rick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Geronimo Bundles components for the Geronimo 3.0-M1 release
Date Tue, 27 Apr 2010 15:19:45 GMT
On 4/27/2010 11:09 AM, Kevan Miller wrote:
> On Apr 27, 2010, at 9:08 AM, Rick McGuire wrote:

svn:eol-style=native (i.e. LICENSE.vm). Probably because we don't define the file type in
our recommended client configuration -- https://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDEV/subversion-client-configuration.html.
We might want to consider updating...

>>> This URL seems to indicate that JAXB is dual licensed -- https://jaxb.dev.java.net/2.2/
>>>
>>> If so, we should include the full license text and make sure we indicate our
license choice (CDDL). Some versions of the dual license include instructions on how to apply
to a work. Don't see any reason not to use the same wording...

>> I just discovered something very useful to know.  You can delete directories from
a  Nexus staging repository after the item has been closed.  I've removed the jaxb-impl from
the staging area, and will rollback just the release of that single item and stage a new vote
for just jaxb-impl.  This vote will now be for all of the bundles except for jaxb-impl, which
will allow this to proceed without cancelling the entire vote.

>> Rick

both LICENSE and LICENSE.txt. I assume LICENSE.txt already existed in the jar?

> I'm ok with the rollback of jaxb-impl -- as long as it's clear what people are/have voted
for.

> JSTL has a CDDL license, also. Is it CDDL-only or dual licensed, also?

Rats, that's a dual license also.  I'll remove that one from the vote
also and restage separately.

Rick