geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Rick McGuire <rick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Geronimo Bundles components for the Geronimo 3.0-M1 release
Date Tue, 27 Apr 2010 12:45:30 GMT
On 4/27/2010 8:00 AM, Kevan Miller wrote:
> On Apr 27, 2010, at 6:27 AM, Rick McGuire wrote:
>

>> On 4/26/2010 10:32 PM, Kevan Miller wrote:
>>
>>> Nice stuff Rick. This obviously took some time to prepare the licensing information
properly. Thanks!

>>> One minor comment -- I notice that some of the new files do not have svn:eol-style=native
(i.e. LICENSE.vm). Probably because we don't define the file type in our recommended client
configuration -- https://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDEV/subversion-client-configuration.html. We
might want to consider updating...

>>> A few questions:
>>>
>>> * jaxb-impl-2.2_1 -- is this CDDL licensed? or dual-licensed (CDDL/GPL)?
>>>

>> The only license I've found for this is CDDL.
>>
> This URL seems to indicate that JAXB is dual licensed -- https://jaxb.dev.java.net/2.2/
>
> If so, we should include the full license text and make sure we indicate our license
choice (CDDL). Some versions of the dual license include instructions on how to apply to a
work. Don't see any reason not to use the same wording...

Can you give me a list of the specific changes I need to make to this?
I'm not sure I understand the appropriate mechanism for indicating our
license choice.

Rick

>>> * jstl -- same question about dual licensing. Also, the jar contains both LICENSE
and LICENSE.txt. I assume LICENSE.txt already existed in the jar?