geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Rick McGuire <rick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Geronimo Bundles components for the Geronimo 3.0-M1 release
Date Tue, 27 Apr 2010 10:27:57 GMT
On 4/26/2010 10:32 PM, Kevan Miller wrote:
> Nice stuff Rick. This obviously took some time to prepare the licensing information properly.
Thanks!

> One minor comment -- I notice that some of the new files do not have svn:eol-style=native
(i.e. LICENSE.vm). Probably because we don't define the file type in our recommended client
configuration -- https://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDEV/subversion-client-configuration.html. We
might want to consider updating...

> A few questions:
>
> * jaxb-impl-2.2_1 -- is this CDDL licensed? or dual-licensed (CDDL/GPL)?

The only license I've found for this is CDDL.

> * jstl -- same question about dual licensing. Also, the jar contains both LICENSE and
LICENSE.txt. I assume LICENSE.txt already existed in the jar?

Yes, the LICENSE.txt file came from the original jar.

Rick

> --kevan
>
> On Apr 23, 2010, at 2:45 PM, Rick McGuire wrote:
>

>> To support the upcoming Geronimo milestone release, I would like to the newly created
bundles components.
>> This components are versions of external Geronimo dependencies that have been converted
into OSGi jars.
>> This is a single vote for all of the converted dependencies required for the Geronimo
3.0-M1 release.

>> A note on the bundle version numbers.  The numbering scheme uses the version number
from the original component jar, with a Geronimo version number added using a "_n" suffix
(all of these are the "_1" version).  The Derby version, 10.5.3.0_1_1 is not a type.  This
is the wrappering based on the 10.5.3.0_1 version of Derby.