geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Rick McGuire <rick...@gmail.com>
Subject Update on 3.0 M1 Release work items
Date Tue, 27 Apr 2010 00:28:11 GMT
Just wanted to pull the status of these items together so we know where
things stand and what's being worked on by who.

1) Get the specs released (up for vote now) -- Vote concluded today,
specs promoted to releases, and trunk updated to new version numbers.
2) Release the various Geronimo subprojects the server is dependent upon
     - Geronimo bundles (I'm currently moving those out of the server
build and getting the license issues sorted out)  -- Move completed and
the bundles are currently up for a release vote.  Please look at this
and vote as soon as possible.
     - XBeans blueprint  -- Waiting on the pending Aries release vote
     - yoko  -- Currently up for a release vote.
     - The components components (transaction manager, connector,
jaspi)  David Jencks reviewing, should be up for a vote soon.
     - The xmlbeans schema components  -- Should be ready to release.
Need a volunteer to put these up for a vote.
     - Our version of tomcat in the external release -- Ivan updating
external to new release.  Still needs a release vote.
3) Sort out how to deal with our current snapshot dependencies.  This
includes (but not limited to):
     - openejb   David Blevins will provide with a version-pinned build
as soon as we decide we're finished making updates.
     - activemq -- David Jencks just started a vote for a 5.3.2 activemq
release with some patches for Geronimo.
     - aries (currently up for release vote)
     - pax-logging
     - some servicemix bundles -- Only one currently, the jdt-core
bundle  Email sent to Guillaume Nodet requesting this version be
released.  I will explore whether we can use the currently released
version.
     - myfaces -- Done, updated to the 2.0.0 release.
     - felix bundlerepository   David Jencks working on switching to
last release build
     - felix karaf  -- Ditto
     - juddi -- updated to release version, but server has problems
starting when enabled.  Is this considered to be an issue?  I suspect it
is not.
     - tranql-connector -- David Jencks working on a release vote.
     - openwebbeans (recently added to the build)

Rick