geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Donald Woods <dwo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Yoko ready for review or release
Date Thu, 22 Apr 2010 17:10:31 GMT
So why not release it as version=1.1 and we'll spin a 1.1.1 if more
updates are required?  Not sure why we need to version it as a Milestone
release.... Is there a TCK required?  If so, why not upgrade 2.1.5 or
2.2.1-SNAPSHOT to use the new level and verify it still passes the Java
EE 5 TCKs?

-Donald

On 4/21/10 6:33 PM, David Jencks wrote:
> I think I've done  everything I want to for now with yoko as far as getting it running
in osgi.  It would be great if someone wanted to review it, otherwise I think its time to
start trying to release it.

> BTW, we're going to have problems with osgi and milestones, since e.g. 3.0.M1 is after
3.0.  Similarly for yoko, 1.1.M! is after 1.1.  So I think this release should be 1.1.M! and
when we get all the interop stuff to work we can release 1.2.

> Basically what I did is to steal Rick's locator code from the specs, but register stuff
through blueprint rather than scanning bundles.  I also added a priority to make it easier
to predict which class you'd end up with.  I also tried to locate every place a class is loaded
dynamically in yoko and have it use the locator.

> This seems to allow configuring your orb completely through these blueprint beans, rather
than supplying a properties file with the service name to class mapping.  This has been one
of my goals for yoko for a long time, although I don't know if anyone else thinks it's valuable.