geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Rick McGuire <rick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Geronimo Java EE specs (second try)
Date Mon, 19 Apr 2010 10:12:52 GMT
On 4/16/2010 3:40 PM, Donald Woods wrote:
> A little confused here....
>
> For JPA, you mentioned jpa_3.0_spec-1.2, but I'm guessing you meant
> jpa_2.0_spec-1.2.
>
> Looking at the tags, I see 2 releases of jpa_2.0_spec since I released
> the jpa_2.0_spec-1.0 release -
>     2.0_spec-1.0.1
>     2.0_spec-1.2
> But only the 2.0_spec-1.2 artifacts are in the staging repo.  Looks like
> you created the 1.0.1 tag -
> r934135 | rickmcguire | 2010-04-14 15:21:41 -0400 (Wed, 14 Apr 2010) | 1
> line
> [maven-scm] copy for tag geronimo-jpa_2.0_spec-1.0.1
>
> If this is not being released, shouldn't we delete it from svn?

Yes, looks like there was a problem with the rollback.  I'll delete that.

> Also, why did we jump to 1.2 instead of using jpa_2.0_spec-1.1 as the
> next version?

This likely happened because of the rollback problem and the
interactions with the release plugin.  I'd really prefer to not have to
roll everything back and restart the vote because of this issue.  I hope
this would be ok as long as we don't have the same "time travel" issues
from the previous vote.

Rick