geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Delos <dait...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Eclipse plugin-versions
Date Tue, 02 Mar 2010 03:05:20 GMT
hi Johannes´╝î

Thanks for your attention! But I don't think it's a good idea to keep a
separated version for GEP. Here are my thoughts. Hopefully, other people may
also share their point of view about this to improve GEP.

GEP is a sub-project of Geronimo. So it's reasonable for GEP version to keep
consistent with Geronimo server.

Eclipse is used as a dependency in GEP build process.Eclipse itself has a
new release every year. We certainly need to support the latest eclipse. But
that doesn't mean we drop the support for old eclipse. Normally, GEP is back
compatible, unless any used eclipse API changed. If the change happens, user
may install old GEP accordingly. I think it's also reasonable for a eclipse
plugin.

--
Best Regards,

Delos