geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: shared lib in Geronimo 3.0
Date Wed, 24 Mar 2010 18:56:25 GMT

On Mar 24, 2010, at 9:20 AM, Sangjin Lee wrote:

> My apologies if this has been discussed before, but what is the
> thinking on the shared lib on Geronimo 3.0? As Geronimo moves to the
> OSGi based infrastructure, will it make it into G 3.0? If so, how
> would it be exposed in terms of classloading? Thanks...

I don't think this has been discussed.  I don't think that shared lib
makes any sense in 3.0.  Any jar you install needs to be a bundle
already and once the osgi kernel knows about it it can be used in
wiring however it got installed.  We might want more tooling to help
bundle-ify plain jars and to clarify how to install bundles but I
don't think shared lib makes sense.

thanks for bringing this up
david jencks