geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release txmanager-2.1.4 - RC1
Date Wed, 03 Mar 2010 19:28:57 GMT

On Mar 3, 2010, at 4:54 AM, Jack Cai wrote:

> My point is that you should run TCK first and show results first before any voting...

We often run TCK concurrent with a vote. So, it's not an issue, IMO. The vote passing can
be contingent on TCK looking good.

A note about TCK runs for components. We are not certifying that our components are *compliant*.
At present, we only certify that a Server release is compliant. Running the TCK allows us
to prevent introducing problematic component releases for public consumption. Running the
TCK allows us to feel comfortable with the validity of the components. So, end result is TCK
did not identify any problems. Not until we generate a Server release are we compliant with
the EE spec.

--kevan