geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Marco Laponder" <marco.lapon...@kewill.com>
Subject RE: build failed in branches/2.2
Date Wed, 24 Mar 2010 22:11:59 GMT
After removing the complete branch and checking it out again the build
went fine, thanks for the support and sorry I bothered you for no good
reason...

Kind regards,

Marco

________________________________

Van: Kevan Miller [mailto:kevan.miller@gmail.com]
Verzonden: woensdag 24 maart 2010 22:02
Aan: dev@geronimo.apache.org
Onderwerp: Re: build failed in branches/2.2

On Mar 24, 2010, at 4:22 PM, Marco Laponder wrote:

Hi

I am a newbi at building geronimo so it could be by lack of knowledge,in
that case forgive me. I am trying to build the 2.2 branch from source. I
am at the latest revision (927171) and followed the instructions at
http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDEV/building-apache-geronimo.html

I started with an empty maven repository and am running a mvn clean
install. The build fails with a compilation problem:

/branches/2.2/plugins/connector/geronimo-connector/src/main/java/org/apa
che/geronimo/connector/work/GeronimoWorkManagerGBean.java:[
38,8] cannot find symbol

symbol  : constructor
GeronimoWorkManager(java.util.concurrent.Executor,java.util.concurrent.E
xecutor,java.util.concurrent.Executor,org.apache.geronimo.transact
ion.manager.XAWork)

inspecting the constructors on the GeronimoWorkManager I can see :

public GeronimoWorkManager(GeronimoExecutor sync, GeronimoExecutor
start, GeronimoExecutor sched, TransactionContextManager
transactionContextManager)

and I understand that this is not the expected constructor.

Can anyone explain to me how to fix this problem or tell me what I am
doing wrong ?

Hmm.

Where are you getting that signature for the GeronimoWorkManager
constructor from? That doesn't match --
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/components/txmanager/tags/gero
nimo-txmanager-parent-2.1.4/geronimo-connector/src/main/java/org/apache/
geronimo/connector/work/GeronimoWorkManager.java

I just removed
.m2/repository/org/apache/geronimo/components/geronimo-connector/2.1.4
from my local maven repo and was able to rebuild successfully.

I also see the automated build ran successfully --
http://people.apache.org/builds/geronimo/server/binaries/2.2/20100324/bu
ild-1400.log

The sha checksum of my geronimo-connector-2.1.4.jar is
fa36907547ad3239128a76d515d83fa3ba4f2ff4 which matches
http://repo2.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/geronimo/components/geronimo-co
nnector/2.1.4/geronimo-connector-2.1.4.jar.sha1 The jar file size is
104357

Are you getting a different jar?

BTW, I really hate the way that GeronimoWorkManager is in the same
"package" as GeronimoWorkManagerGBean

--kevan