geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Connector/openejb progress/heads up
Date Mon, 29 Mar 2010 17:37:02 GMT
I have most of the new j2ca connector functionality working ok, and finding out whether the
rest of it works requires mdbs.  So I'm going to work on getting openejb running in trunk.

Currently there's a bit of a fight between an osgi extender that registers openejb services
set up openejb-style and the same functionality set up through gbeans.  Right now I'm dealing
with this by disabling the gbean.  I can see 3 choices here...

1. disable all the openejb configuration functionality and just use gbeans.  This is fairly
awkward but what we've been doing so far.  I think it tends to obscure some openejb configuration
possibilities, but maybe not too seriously.

2. configure openejb using blueprint or xbean-blueprint.  Or write a new blueprint namespace
handler that deals with the openejb multilevel property files.

3. hook up openejb's native configuration system to osgi config admin.

Any thoughts?

thanks
david jencks