geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Rick McGuire <rick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Remove Stax API or wstx-asl ?
Date Thu, 25 Mar 2010 10:03:35 GMT
On 3/25/2010 3:46 AM, Ivan wrote:
> Yes, just found that we have already used the bundlized one from
> servicemix, this one might be imported by some other components. It is
> not a big problem.
> Just check the way we use to make the service lookup work in Geronimo
> 3.0, seems that :
> 1. If we use the api shipped in the jre, it might not work correctly
> in the OSGI environment if we want to use non-ri implementation, as I
> found that all our spec apis have been hacked to use OSGI service
> registry to lookup service. If it does, do we need to recover some api
> that we removed before, such as saaj, as in the past, IIRC, we use
> axis2's impl for our geronimo-tomcat distribution.

I'm currently working on the issues involving the JRE-provided
specifications.  Right now, I'm struggling with a puzzling problem with
jaxb, but I suspect I'll end up touching on all of these.

> 2. I found that current logic will detect that whether there is a head
> named SPI-provider in the manifest.mf file, if not, it would not scan
> the service folder for mapped files. Does it work for design ? So we
> might need to create our own impl-bundle, such as wstx-asl.

Yes, we might need to create our own bundlized version of wstx with the
SPI-Provider header added for opt-in.  This was something that was
copied from the Aries project spi-fly prototype.  An explicit opt-in
seems like a reasonable thing to prevent unintended services from
automatically getting picked up.

Rick