geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: Will your project feature at ApacheCon North America 2010?
Date Tue, 23 Mar 2010 07:28:30 GMT
On 3/22/2010 9:35 PM, Kevan Miller wrote:
> Apologies for the broadcast message...
>
> In thinking about ApacheCon 2010, I began to wonder if there is interest in creating
an "Enterprise Java" track for the conference. I think there is the potential for a lot of
interesting content. Many of our projects are busy implementing JSR specs for Java EE6. Also,
the OSGi Alliance EEG has created several EE-focuse specifications with more on the way. I'm
sure each of our projects have a number of internal developments which we're also interested
in sharing.

Absolutely!  We already expected to have meta-tracks; essentially one room of the
Enterprise development resources, one room of Server technologies, one room of
Cloud - NoSQL - Persistence etc etc.  Whoops - there went all the rooms :)

> I'm guessing that some of our projects have already initiated their own track programs.
Which I think is fine. I don't think it's a conflict to have technology specific tracks. However,
if you're interested in joining forces, let me know. I think it would help foster greater
interactions between our projects and also result in a very interesting conference track.

+1 - several of these projects will have a track day, but this many wouldn't fit
and I'm sure many hadn't identified a day of content for the general public, but
want to present one or two talks.

> To help to start aggregating potential presentations, I've created a Wiki page -- http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/GMOxPMGT/ApacheCon+NA+2010+--+Enterprise+Java+Track

Thank you!

> At this point, we do not need to identify specific presentations. But we do need to insure
that there is sufficient interest.

Agreed - in fact it's better for the track if two Foo project presentations fit,
but there are five proposals.  This means there's an opportunity to choose the
strongest programming, and also probably highlights an opportunity for a meetup
for the more obscure or less focused talk ideas.

> If I've left out any projects who you think might be interested in participating, please
feel free to pass this along...

We trust you are offering to be the liason/coordinator for these 'assorted'
track days?  :)