geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Rick McGuire <rick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: GERONIMO-5174
Date Mon, 08 Mar 2010 17:41:54 GMT
On 3/8/2010 12:26 PM, Jarek Gawor wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was working on GERONIMO-5174 and ran into a problem that I'm not
> sure why it is happening. I'm hoping somebody might have an idea on
> what's going on.
>
> I applied the patch in GERONIMO-5174 and tried building Geronimo. With
> Felix the build "hang" (looking for consistent class space) when
> building cxf or axis2 ejb plugin. On Equinox the build failed with
> "Package uses conflict" when building the openejb-deployer plugin.
> > From what I can tell some bundles (openejb core&  client) wire to
> javax.xml.ws packages from the system bundle and some
> (geronimo-j2ee-builder, geronimo-openejb-builder) wire to geronimo
> jax-ws 2.2 spec bundle. However, I'm not sure why openejb bundles wire
> to javax.xml.ws from system bundle in the first place since the
> geronimo jax-ws 2.2 spec bundle is installed and resolved before the
> openejb bundles are installed and resolved.
>
> The openejb bundles import the javax.xml.ws packages without a version
> while the geronimo bundles import with version="2.2".
>
> I modified the DependencyManager to resolve the installed bundles
> using PackageAdmin and verified that openejb modules get
> installed/resolved after the geronimo jax-ws 2.2 spec bundle is, so
> I'm not really sure what's going on. Any ideas?
>
> Jarek

I saw some similar problems some time ago, and generally the problem
seems to occur when when bundles import packages without an explicit
version identified.  This allows the wiring to be made to the system
bundle rather than the "correct" 2.2 one.  If I remember correctly, this
problem was solved by making sure that there's only one version of the
package to wire to.  I might also have fixed up some of the imports to
explicitly specify the version required.

Rick