geronimo-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Rick McGuire <rick...@gmail.com>
Subject JRE included spec packages and unit testing.
Date Fri, 05 Mar 2010 18:11:48 GMT
I was doing a little work on the activation spec package today, and I 
ran into a puzzling problem.  Once I got my changes to compile and build 
correctly, I started getting unit test failures.  And I was getting very 
strange results while trying to debug the failures...it didn't appear 
that my updates were getting picked up.  The light finally went on when 
I realized that the activation framework was included in the 1.6 JRE, so 
it was picking up the reference implementation instead.  And that 
version appears to have a couple of bugs :-)

It would appear that these tests need to be run with the new jar in the 
endorsed dir in order to get picked up.  I'll open a Jira against this, 
and in the short term, I'm going to comment out the couple of unit tests 
that are failing.  The technique used with Yoko should work to get the 
correct jar picked up, but that's something I'll want to come back to 
when I have some more time.

Rick

Mime
View raw message