geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "office@weberhofer.at" <off...@weberhofer.at>
Subject Re: Eclipse plugin-versions
Date Tue, 02 Mar 2010 11:43:12 GMT
Dear Delos,

I have the impression, that GEP is very sensitive regarding Eclipse and WTP version numbers.
I have always had the problem that after upgrading I was no longer able to install the GEP
plugin. Currently the plugin from http://apache.org/dist/geronimo/eclipse/updates/ can not
be installed on Eclipse 3.5.2 because it says "Missing requirement: Geronimo Core Feature
2.1.1 (org.apache.geronimo.feature.feature.group 2.1.1) requires 'org.eclipse.jst.feature.group
[2.0.0,3.0.0)' but it could not be found"

I fully agree with you, that the best thing would be to support multiple Eclipse versions
with one GEP plugin, currently I know, that the plugin is running on Eclipse 3.5 and 3.5-SR1
but not on it's SR2 release. I haven't tried with 3.4 versions.

The plugin is somewhere in the middle of Geronimo and Eclipse, so if different Eclipse versions
are supported, it could be useful to publish minor releases (like 2.2.0.1) which fixes some
issues like supporting newer Eclipse versions, even when the next Geronimo version is still
some time ahead.

Best regards,
Johannes

--

|  weberhofer GmbH             | Johannes Weberhofer
|  information technologies    |