geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Ivan <xhh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: The way to scan annotation in Geronimo 3.0
Date Thu, 18 Mar 2010 00:45:44 GMT
In the servlet 3.0, while merging web-fragment and annotations, it says :
-->
After processing the web-fragment.xml, annotations from the
corresponding fragment are processed to complete the effective metadata for
the fragment before processing the next fragment. The following rules are
used
for processing annotations:

Also, according to sorting policy, if some webfagments are excluded (e.g.
Absolute soring is used in web.xml, and some founded webfagments are not
explicitly configured), those excluded jars should not be used for
annotation scan, also TLD scan might be affected. Later, I would try to add
something like filter to scanning classes.

Scanning all the required classes/annotations is a good idea, but we might
be some way to record where those classes are from. I hope that we could do
all the annotations scanning together in the future.

I agree that we move those code scanning classes to xbean, as they are not
'belonged to' the geronimo-kernel.

--
Ivan