geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <>
Subject Re: build failed in branches/2.2
Date Wed, 24 Mar 2010 21:01:51 GMT

On Mar 24, 2010, at 4:22 PM, Marco Laponder wrote:

> Hi
> I am a newbi at building geronimo so it could be by lack of knowledge,in that case forgive
me. I am trying to build the 2.2 branch from source. I am at the latest revision (927171)
and followed the instructions at
> I started with an empty maven repository and am running a mvn clean install. The build
fails with a compilation problem:
> /branches/2.2/plugins/connector/geronimo-connector/src/main/java/org/apache/geronimo/connector/work/[
                                                                            38,8] cannot find
> symbol  : constructor GeronimoWorkManager(java.util.concurrent.Executor,java.util.concurrent.Executor,java.util.concurrent.Executor,org.apache.geronimo.transact
> inspecting the constructors on the GeronimoWorkManager I can see :
> public GeronimoWorkManager(GeronimoExecutor sync, GeronimoExecutor start, GeronimoExecutor
sched, TransactionContextManager transactionContextManager)
> and I understand that this is not the expected constructor.
> Can anyone explain to me how to fix this problem or tell me what I am doing wrong ?

Where are you getting that signature for the GeronimoWorkManager constructor from? That doesn't
match --

I just removed .m2/repository/org/apache/geronimo/components/geronimo-connector/2.1.4 from
my local maven repo and was able to rebuild successfully.

I also see the automated build ran successfully --

The sha checksum of my geronimo-connector-2.1.4.jar is fa36907547ad3239128a76d515d83fa3ba4f2ff4
which matches
The jar file size is 104357

Are you getting a different jar?

BTW, I really hate the way that GeronimoWorkManager is in the same "package" as GeronimoWorkManagerGBean

View raw message