geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: build failed in branches/2.2
Date Wed, 24 Mar 2010 21:01:51 GMT

On Mar 24, 2010, at 4:22 PM, Marco Laponder wrote:

> Hi
>
> I am a newbi at building geronimo so it could be by lack of knowledge,in that case forgive
me. I am trying to build the 2.2 branch from source. I am at the latest revision (927171)
and followed the instructions at http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDEV/building-apache-geronimo.html

> I started with an empty maven repository and am running a mvn clean install. The build
fails with a compilation problem:

> /branches/2.2/plugins/connector/geronimo-connector/src/main/java/org/apache/geronimo/connector/work/GeronimoWorkManagerGBean.java:[
                                                                            38,8] cannot find
symbol
> symbol  : constructor GeronimoWorkManager(java.util.concurrent.Executor,java.util.concurrent.Executor,java.util.concurrent.Executor,org.apache.geronimo.transact
                                                                            ion.manager.XAWork)

> inspecting the constructors on the GeronimoWorkManager I can see :
>
> public GeronimoWorkManager(GeronimoExecutor sync, GeronimoExecutor start, GeronimoExecutor
sched, TransactionContextManager transactionContextManager)

> and I understand that this is not the expected constructor.
>
> Can anyone explain to me how to fix this problem or tell me what I am doing wrong ?

Hmm.

Where are you getting that signature for the GeronimoWorkManager constructor from? That doesn't
match -- https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/components/txmanager/tags/geronimo-txmanager-parent-2.1.4/geronimo-connector/src/main/java/org/apache/geronimo/connector/work/GeronimoWorkManager.java

I just removed .m2/repository/org/apache/geronimo/components/geronimo-connector/2.1.4 from
my local maven repo and was able to rebuild successfully.

I also see the automated build ran successfully -- http://people.apache.org/builds/geronimo/server/binaries/2.2/20100324/build-1400.log

The sha checksum of my geronimo-connector-2.1.4.jar is fa36907547ad3239128a76d515d83fa3ba4f2ff4
which matches http://repo2.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/geronimo/components/geronimo-connector/2.1.4/geronimo-connector-2.1.4.jar.sha1
The jar file size is 104357

Are you getting a different jar?

BTW, I really hate the way that GeronimoWorkManager is in the same "package" as GeronimoWorkManagerGBean

--kevan